Another day, another house snooped

well today was nearly disastrous, I got really bored and (needless to say) the theatre we're working with haven't coughed up the funding yet so I was struggling with free ways to entertain myself in a strange city. Then a nice, slightly unhinged man gave us some old boating accessories for the project and we got to go to his apartment to poke around and look for them - it was a splendid apartment.
IMG_7471

Slightly unhinged, like it's owner - the stuffed toy in the top right of this picture is set on an old garage door device so when you press a button it squeaks it's way diagonally to the floor - which is more entertaining than it sounds.
IMG_7506
He recycles and makes lamps and light fittings . . .
IMG_7501
in his splendid workshop, which has windows looking out onto his living room and bedroom at each end. I like a window looking to the inside, I had one in my childhood bedroom.
IMG_7500


IMG_7497


IMG_7491

IMG_7486

IMG_7482_1

IMG_7476_1

IMG_7475
My favourite light fitting.
IMG_7473_1


IMG_7473
A very innovative use of old washing machine drums - if I didn't live in a boat the size of a washing machine drum I'd copy it.
IMG_7524

The whole place was laden and as I was leaving I noticed even the ceiling was speckled with mirrors - probably to reflect the mountains of stuff.
I'd love to tell you more but we narrowly missed a Pina Bausch performance this evening and ended up having a few drinks instead - I feel fuggy and don't trust myself to be civil.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello