Where I've been.

Firstly I had a small holiday in - Essex.
Photobucket
Dad waved us off and Jack promptly bumped the car into his (dad's) parked van . . . twice. What fun.
Photobucket
Then we wafted on down to Mersea Island.
Photobucket
Admired the extent to which boat living can be taken.
Photobucket
These enormous boats were moored in tiny inlets that you could hardly see amongst the thick grasses.
Photobucket
With paths made of oyster shells leading to their moorings, beautiful. Then we headed to The Company Shed, a supreme eatery. You're served just fish and seafood, you bring your own bread, drinks and anything else you require.
Photobucket
mmm . . . pink prawn against blue shirt.
Photobucket
Here's our leftovers. There wasn't much left over, and we ordered three times. Bloat.
Photobucket
Afterwards we took a snoop out back and saw where it had all been prepared. Impressive amounts of steaming crabs laying around.
Photobucket

Photobucket
There were a father and son duo working away at sorting oysters in this shed. To the tune of Katy Perry's 'I kissed a girl and I liked it'.
Photobucket
Then we hopped to Walberswick.
Photobucket
And I had a shandy in the beach hut and a swim in the sea.
Photobucket
Which brought my holiday hair along nicely.
Photobucket
Then to the village fete where I bought Jack this very fine picture of a boat.
Photobucket
And I bought myself a friendship bracelet from these two enterprising young ladies.
Photobucket
Then it rained.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. oh! those pictures by the sea... the colorful girl on the right, the box on their head ...and how very cool eating ice-cream in the rain! thanks for sharing! i have a big smile on my face right now : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I liked the eating ice cream in the rain, with a crying child too - very stoic.

    ReplyDelete

Hello