This weekend Jack and I made a day trip to the coast. We went via a car boot sale of course. Do you go car booting with other people? Or thrifting or whatever you wish to call it? Do you walk around in a couple or a gang together? I can't do that, once I'm in I'm off - with my nose to the ground. I don't really do much consulting or discussing, I'm a lone wolf. This might sound a little antisocial but Jack and I keep tabs on each other and have a natter and debrief afterwards over a healthy breakfast . . . that's a lie, we normally have burgers. Also it is nice when your chap comes around the corner brandishing something you so thoroughly approve of. This Sunday Jack picked up a splendid fisherman's jacket made of canvas in the most magnificent eye-popping orange.
Photobucket
I was very pleased, I like a good colour orange. I liked it near this groyne marker.
Photobucket
And zinging with the yellow lichen on these rocks.
Photobucket
And you can imagine my glee when he tucked into these crayfish tails with a blue fork.
Photobucket
The day was calm at Whitstable, which is a nice place and very full of trendy parents saying things like 'Tilly! Come back from the water!' and 'Where's Felix? . . . FELIX! . . . .FELIX!'.
Photobucket
We gobbled some cheeky oysters at the harbour. And spotted this nice harbour sign.
Photobucket
And on the way home we bought a lot of veg from these two gents in a layby. Who were impossibly cheery as cars zoomed by at breakneck speeds, and were kind enough to call Jack guv'nor a lot - a real treat for a pair of middle class nobs out of London for the day.
Photobucket
Very good, boot fair finds will be up soon.
Hope you had a joyous weekend. If not this video never fails to make me laugh - I like that the parrot looks a lot like Stephen Fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello