Lovely Belgian toot.

So after stumbling around flea markets in the pouring rain, and in inappropriate footwear, I'm home and ready to share the best spoils with you.PhotobucketEnough pom-poms to sink some kind of ship. PhotobucketI'm a sucker for these babies on strings and today I had a lovely time unravelling them all and making them into precious bundles for the stall. PhotobucketAnd I popped some on my head too.PhotobucketNice old bobbins are always a happy find but these ones are still all covered in shimmery chord, so I'm double happy. PhotobucketA drunk man in a bottle. Get it? It's a drunk man in an old alcohol bottle. He must be drunk because he's wearing flares. PhotobucketNice cane baskets, perfect for slinging your dirty pants in. PhotobucketAn old tin and a medley of brightly coloured cooking pots. PhotobucketMy favourite is this yellow Danish jobby. PhotobucketThough I wouldn't say no to the other two. Photobucket PhotobucketA woven back with raffia flowers. PhotobucketAnd an egg basket that has been expertly mended with string. PhotobucketThis made it cheaper than the other ones, but I think it makes it better. PhotobucketAnd finally this waistcoat, which is quite small - maybe child-size. Maybe you could use it for naughty children: 'I told you to eat your greens and you didn't - now put on the punishment waistcoat and go play with your friends'.

5 comments:

  1. New follower saying "toot toot!!" via Tabiboo.. love your images...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! Nice to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the string too - definitely the best solution to holes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing nicer than a good mend. I like your work a lot Claire! Clever sausage

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, very fab egg basket indeed

    ReplyDelete

Hello