Staffies!

Not the muscular sort of Staffie pup but these boggle eyed Staffordshire whimsies - which I have a soft spot for. More specifically the amazing gang of them that hang out at Gabor Cossa in Cambridge, an antiques wonder-cave run by the most wonderfully camp man.
I like them! I like that they come in pairs and that they're all similar but not the same. One day I will own some. photo P7152774_zps78efbd74.jpg  photo P7152779_zpseaafb17e.jpg  photo P7152792_zpsb90e5845.jpg  photo P7152794_zps683a297c.jpg  photo P7152800_zps4e2893eb.jpg  photo P7152802_zpsd0f1b1b0.jpgAnd there's one cat in the window that looks like it could really hold it's own.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I like them too! I'll have to check out this collection next time I'm in Cambridge. Have you seen the collection in the rooms at the Gibberd Garden? If you haven't I'm sure you'd like them too :) It's high on my list of must see agains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't! I'll have to head over there - thanks for the tip off. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's funny but when things are in pairs I barely look at them as the symmetry dulls my interest and they seem to cancel each other out but the singular object can really catch my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a really interesting point, and very true. I'm a triptych lover myself though the singular is lovely but if I'm making stuff just making one seems pretty terrifying.

    ReplyDelete

Hello